Saturday, September 26, 2009

North Dakota


As if we hadn't had enough problems on our trip, things went from bad to worse. We abruptly cut our trip short with the passing of Steve's father last week. We had made it to South Dakota when we received the news and we headed straight home, a 30 hour non-stop journey back to PA. Needless to say, it was a long ride.

To complicate matters, I had dropped my computer the day before and damaged the hard drive. The little shop we found in Rapid City, ND worked tirelessly for 7 days to get as much data off the old drive as they could before installing a new hard drive. It certainly was a trip with a lot of adventure, but Steve and I feel we were just getting started and we plan to resume where we left off. We'll keep you posted, but we are considering heading back out west in late Oct.

In the meantime, now that I am reunited with my computer, I will be processing the images I had taken thus far. Today's blog image is from North Dakota and the Theodore Roosevelt state park.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Steve's dad. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, So sorry to hear about Steve's dad.. I am glad you are back safe and sound.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL. You and your computer are back and in business. Happy trails to you until we meet again.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful landscape,Trina. My condolences to you and Steve and Steve's family. I hope you recover most of your images. And finally bon voyage when you start out once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne, let's hope our next family reunion will be under happier circumstances. As always, it's good chatting photography with you.

    Paul, thanks. Thankfully all of my photos were backed up...it was the business stuff that took some doing to rescue, but we got it all!

    ReplyDelete