Monday, March 22, 2010

Sisters


A year ago I posted a photo of my nephew Sean which was taken on his birthday. It's hard to believe he is another year older. Not only has he grown up, but so have I. Well, maybe I didn't grow up, but I did grow as a photographer. This past weekend was Sean's birthday party and comparing the photos I took yesterday to those I took a year ago, really shows how much my work has improved in the last 12 months. One thing that hasn't changed is Sean's unwillingness to have his picture taken.

Last year I spent a great deal of time trying to get the kids to pose for me. This year I didn't even try. Instead I followed them around, and while we played games I snapped images of them. I came away with far more keepers using this strategy. Though I captured some images of Sean, since he spent most of his time hiding or running away from me, many came out blurred or were shot from far away. His sisters, Emily and Riley however, didn't mind me taking their photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment