Thursday, March 5, 2009

In like a lion...


March arrived with a vengeance by dumping 8 inches of snow in the area. I've been sick with a really bad cold lately and would have rather March arrived like a lamb instead.

After spending over a week in bed trying to get better, I finally felt well enough to venture out and took my camera with me to take some photos yesterday. I started out by looking for a park I discovered in Gladwyne last year but found this creek in another park instead. I don't know how anyone finds their way around this area when every town has a Bryn Mawr Ave and it is not the same road!

I've been wanting to take a photo where I could blur the motion of flowing water to create a silky look. Having a sturdy tripod is a must for these images and the $30 KMart special I previously owned was not good enough for the task. I'm hoping the snow will stick around for a little while yet so I can go back and work on this some more.

On a side note, one of my photos was recently selected by schmap.com to be published in the latest Key West Florida edition. Check it out at this website:
http://www.schmap.com/floridakeys/sights_attractions/p=273605/i=273605_7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment